Getting to Know
The Getting to Know ... collection are adaptations of classic musicals for pre-high school students. The G2K adaptations run approximately 50 to 70 minutes in length and have been created expressly with young performers in mind. These shows are restricted to use with actors in Grades K-9 only. The comprehensive ShowKit materials ensure that any enthusiastic teacher can produce a hit show!
Important: Due to the fact that "grandrights" must be obtained for licensing and performance of Getting to Know You Shows, certain restrictions do apply:
- Performances must be done by accredited schools using actors in grade 9 or under only. All other organizations must contact Rodgers & Hammerstein directly.
- Your purchase price includes the materials in the showkit plus unlimited performing rights for one year. Upon placing your order, you will receive a performance rights license from Hal Leonard Corporation. After the completed license is returned to Hal Leonard, they will send out the complete Showkit (non-returnable). Twisted Plays will then send you an invoice for the material.
- Products may be sold only in the United States.
The comprehensive ShowKit materials ensure that any enthusiastic teacher can produce a hit show!
- (20) Libretto/Vocal Books (songs transposed into youth-friendly keys)
- (10) Chorus Books
- (2) Piano/Vocal Scores
- (1) Director's Guide
- (includes detailed notes on pre-production through opening night)
- (2) Director's Scripts
- (1) Study Guide (based on the Basic Standards of K-12 Education)
- (1) Guide Vocal CD (CD to assist your cast in learning the songs)
- (1) Orchestral Accompaniment CD (CD to which the production may be performed)
- (1) Guide to Musical Staging DVD
We can send you a perusal pack of any show for $10 which includes a libretto and CD sampler. You can order perusals from Junior Drama - click here.